Thursday, October 14, 2010

Retirement of NASA’s Space Shuttle Program Delayed Until 2011

The Space Shuttle ‘Endeavor’ was scheduled to make the last mission in NASA’S space shuttle history in November of 2010, when it was all set to take off from Florida’s Kennedy Space Center, but that final launch has now been postponed until February of 2011.

The final flight of the spaceship ‘Discovery’, will be launch in November, if all goes according to plan. The decision to cancel NASA’s space shuttle program explosion of the spaceshuttle ‘Challenger’ when it re entered the earth’s atmosphere, that killed seven crew members, one of which was the first teacher in space.

President Obama bill decided to go ahead with the planned cancellation, but also dropped a Bush initiative which would have placed astronauts back on the moon before 2020, in a new system which would comprise the Orion crew capsule and the Ares rocket. But Obama’s current fiscal plans ditch the Ares and makes Orion into an emergency lifeboat which would be docked constantly at the International Space Station.

1 comment:

  1. Hi am a Felisia
    follower of your blog,

    I just dropped in to congratulate you for maintaining such an amazing blog with fresh content by the way even I run a blog called space news .Being a blogger I thought you would be interested to see my blog,

    (http://nasashuttlespace.blogspot.com/ /) nasa space center,

    I was very much impressed with your blog and have placed your link on my site. I request you to have a look at my blog and would love to see my blog's link at your amazing blog hoping to hear a positive reply

    signing off –
    Felisia

    ReplyDelete